Tuesday 3 March 2009

Confined to Barracks



Recent very dull and gloomy weather and now more rain, has meant that I have not been out with the camera as often as I would have liked. I amused myself yesterday morning, trying to capture long tailed tits in a brief bright spell before the forecast rain arrived after lunch. I managed a few shots before the tits departed. They never hang around for long and are hyperactive whilst searching for food. I was pleased with the result as they really are such beautiful little birds. The collared dove was a different proposition as they do pose nicely as this one did. They do tend to outnumber other garden birds these days and are first to the table when the seed goes out but I still like them for their subtle colouring and that wonderful red eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment