Friday 10 May 2013

Golden Crested Wren

Not often heard is another name for the Goldcrest..the Golden Crested Wren.This is Britain's smallest bird and it is not an easy bird to observe .When seen,usually in and amongst conifers,it is hyperactive as it hunts for insect food in and amongst the foliage.For photographers it is also an extremely difficult bird to capture.

Previously I have had goldcrests visiting the conifers in my garden but more often than not it has been very poor light making the task extremely difficult.Last week however I was about to set off on a walk down the River Wenning from the car park in Hornby village.As I was putting my boots on I was aware of a movement in the hawthorn hedge bordering the car park.I watched and waited and eventually a foraging goldcrest briefly showed itself..The camera was handy and for the next ten minutes or so I was able to grab some shots of this little beauty as it popped out of the hedge from time to time.

I was reasonably pleased with the results and some of the images are shown above.The goldcrest is not a wren but I do like the alternative name which is not in common use.As the wren it is tiny and always on the move and I was pleased to have captured what is Britain's smallest bird.Hope you enjoy looking at my efforts and thanks for looking in.

7 comments:

  1. Oh these birds are so lovely - what a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work mate; didn't know they were Wren.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are difficult to get onto Brian,an excellent montage may I say,very well done!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great close ups Brian,a bird I've not managed to photograph as yet

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice surprise – a quarry I have sought for some time but still can't photograph... one day. Great when the unexpected turns up and good observation.. see ya soon probably!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The goldcrest is not a wren but I do like the alternative name which is not in common use.As the wren it is tiny and always on the move and I was pleased to have captured what is Britain's smallest bird.Hope you enjoy looking at my efforts and thanks for looking in.ทางเข้า D2BET

    ReplyDelete
  7. How I Got My Husband Back. My husband who departed from me 2 years ago started calling me and wanted us to get back Dr Sambo love spell made my husband to reconcile with me. When he came back he was all on me kissing and rubbing on me telling me how much he missed me and loves me, Dr Sambo is spectacular in repairing relationship! His work is wonderful, i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. Because i am now happy with  my husband. I highly recommending this service for those experiencing difficulties trying to restore there relationship. he is the real deal. you can reach Dr. Sambo his contact details seen below: divinespellhome@gmail.com chat live with him on WhatsApp now 2348145810121

    ReplyDelete