Friday 20 March 2009

Close Encounter


Still obsessed with owl watching, I returned to my new local barn owl location again this week. On two of the visits there was no sign of the barn owl as he must have been hunting a different area. My fourth visit of the week proved to be a bit better. The barn owl was in the area and eventually came close and obligingly perched nearby. I t didn't stay long however as disturbance from a youngster on a very noisy mini motorbike scared the owl . It flew off and didn't return. I had been quick enough however to grab some images as it perched and a quick salvo from the camera meant I had saved the day. The best of these shots is shown above and I will no doubt return at an early date to renew my friendship with this beautiful bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment