Saturday 5 March 2016

Owls and Starlings

 Following on from my recent visits to the barn owls I am posting more barn owl images plus some of the large flock of starlings present in the area.It was a wonderful week with excellent weather for the birds and good light for the camera.Two barn owls patrolled the large field of rough grass from time to time throughout the afternoon.I was accompanied by Andy and we enjoyed some close encounters with the barn owls and excellent views of the large starling flock.

Again I have posted a selection of images from the afternoon and hope you enjoy them as much as we did in taking them.Barn owls have been seen regularly hunting in the afternoons all over the area. It would seem that prey is hard to come by and the owls are having to work very hard for whatever they manage to catch.From time to time they would look as if they had pounced on a vole but we didn't see any prey carried away.

I haven't been out with the camera this week but if this settled and cold weather continues I will be on the trail of more barn owls next week. Thanks for looking in and enjoy the weekend.













No comments:

Post a Comment