Saturday 12 March 2016

More Owls and an Egret

This last week has again seen some very nice settled weather.Frosty mornings have given way to blue skies and at times it felt almost springlike.Once more I have been watching barn owls as they came out early afternoons to hunt.I have become addicted lately as it is a very special experience to watch these magnificent birds quartering the rough fields as they search for any unsuspecting prey.

Paul Foster again joined me on one of the afternoons and we filled the memory cards with yet more and more images.By doing this you can be very selective at the editing stage and you should have more keepers.On one of the afternoons before visiting the owls I had a trip to the coast at Knott End.It was high tide and the expected waders were not there but a little egret obliged with nice close views and some nice reflection shots.

I have shown below some of my better efforts from the week and hope you enjoy them as much as I did in taking them.This next week with more settled weather promised I will probably go to see if the great crested grebes are performing their elaborate courtship rituals.Thanks for looking in















3 comments:

  1. Hooked on the Barn Owl's....naturally, great stuff.

    Good to bump into you again on Thursday Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You`re visits to the mosslands are certainly paying off with some great images of the Barn Owls Brian.Hope to catch up with you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shots Brian. Simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete