Saturday 30 November 2013

Waiting For a Kingfisher






Recently I have made a couple of visits to Yarrow Valley Country Park near Coppull.This is a well known location to see kingfishers.There is one particular area where the kingfisher is a daily visitor.On one of my visits I just missed a sighting and the kingfisher didn't return in the three hour wait on a very cold day.A subsequent visit was more successful and the kingfisher stayed on view for around twenty minutes.The lighting was however poor and the images shown above of the kingfisher can be certainly improved upon and hopefully on another day I should get the images I am looking for.
However whilst waiting for the kingfisher to show I attracted other birds to the surrounding area with some bird seed. I was quite pleased with these images of robin,chaffinch and nuthatch. Present nearby was a grey wagtail which also provided opportunities for some shots.I can recommend Yarrow Valley Country Park for a pleasant afternoon out with maybe a sighting of  one of our special birds,the kingfisher.Thanks for looking in and I will be out and about next month to bring you more accounts from my days with the camera. 

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful place to visit and all the more special with sightings of the kingfisher Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice piece of photography.I really like this.
    fine art photography for sale.

    ReplyDelete