Thursday 14 October 2010

Southport...Sanderling







As promised in my last posting I am showing above a few of the images I managed to capture earlier this week at a high tide roost of sanderling on the beach at Southport. There were good numbers in evidence along the shoreline between Southport and Formby and I concentrated on a small group that allowed a close approach with the camera.
Sanderling really are delightful little waders to observe as they twinkle along the sand and dash about at high speed picking up morsels of food. This group entertained me for an hour or more as another high tide came and went. I returned reluctantly to the car on what had been another splendid afternoon in the pleasant Autumn sunshine. I am already looking forward to my next visit on the next series of high tides when hopefully there will still be plenty of waders on show along this beautiful stretch of the Lancashire coastline.

1 comment:

  1. Another six excellent pics of one of my favourite waders, running around like little clockwork toys on the beach.

    Great Stuff Brian.

    ReplyDelete