Saturday 6 September 2014

Leighton Moss...New Book


A week today a new book about Leighton Moss will be launched.The book is about the history of Leighton Moss from the Ice Age to the present day.The author is Andy Denwood an author and journalist living in North Lancashire.The book is published by Carnegie Publishing of Lancaster.
I was approached by Carnegie to see if they could use one of my pictures of red deer at Leighton Moss on the cover of the book.I was obviously very pleased and readily granted permission.

I have shown above an image of the cover of the book.The cover image is a clever combination of two images.The silhouetted marsh harrier was photographed by Ben Locke a freelance who often works with BBC Springwatch.My image is of running red deer taken from the Grisedale Hide in 2011.Ben's image is shown above in full and is a lovely image in glorious light of a marsh harrier over Leighton's reedbed .I have also shown my image in full and was one of a series taken as a number of red deer charged across in front of the Grisedale Hide in August 2011.

I have been invited to the book launch next Saturday at Leighton Moss by the publishers and look forward very much to meeting the author and of course to seeing my image in print. If you visit Leighton Moss in the coming weeks look out for this very interesting new publication.Thanks for looking in and I will be back soon with more of Lancashire's wildlife.


3 comments:

  1. Wow congratulations! It's a great photo! I'm looking forward to see your other wildlife photo's.

    Greetings Anouk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you are to have an image published in this book, just reward for your consistent photographic efforts Brian....Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reward for all your time effort and skill at photographing the wildlife of Lancashire Brian.Very well done.

    ReplyDelete