Sunday 10 August 2014

A Quiet Week







I haven't been out much this last week with the camera.A new bike has taken precedence and I have been keeping fit with bike rides around the Guild Wheel and a much tougher ride over Longridge Fell and back via the Ribble Valley. I did manage another visit to the terns at Preston Marina and a few more images of these lovely birds are shown above.
I have also shown a couple of butterflies seen on my travels. The small copper is a stunning little butterfly and one I don't come across very often. Likewise the wall brown, a nicely marked butterfly and again one I was very pleased to find on my travels. That's all for now but hopefully in the coming days I will visit the coast as some big tides are due and some of the Arctic breeding waders will be returning.Some of them possibly still in breeding plumage and it will be nice to see them again as they return to the Lancashire coastline to spend the winter months with us. Thanks for looking in

No comments:

Post a Comment