Saturday 2 June 2012

A Wonderful Week

It has been a wonderful week for observing and photographing the wildlife of Bowland.I made a determined effort to get out very early avoiding any disturbance from traffic.My main objective was to photograph roe deer. I had sightings on my three early morning sorties.Other than the deer I had many encounters with brown hares. They were enjoying the fresh meadow grasses which had benefited from recent rainfall and higher temperatures.Numbers of curlew and lapwings were also present in the upland meadows and the lapwings had well developed young.I also had an encounter with a little owl but the images obtained were on the grainy side and I look forward to further meetings with the owl.I have shown below further portraits of buck and doe roe deer together with the brown hares and I finish this posting with images of a curlew and the grainy shot of the little owl.I hope to get out again soon into the quiet lanes and byways of Bowland and bring you more tales from this beautiful part of Lancashire.Thanks for looking in and enjoy the Jubilee celebrations.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful images of some of are wonderful wildlife of Bowland Brian,well worth getting up early for.You've certainly done them justice with these images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there - great set of pictures - I love the wild eyes of the Hare. They have been introduced here and I have managed to get a few shots - and yes, they have the same crazy eyes here as well!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful week indeed Brian. A cracking series and a special mention for the excellent Curlew, which you caught in a beautiful pose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid images Brian,again perfectly executed!You just can`t beat those early mornings.Catch up with you soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete