Friday 8 June 2012

A Nice Surprise

The very poor weather has returned this week with plenty of rain and very cool conditions and it doesn't feel very much like Summer.I made the effort and left just before sunrise to avoid traffic disturbance and headed for my favourite byways and backroads of Bowland.I had fleeting views of a little owl again and then saw a female roe deer on one of her favoured areas of the fell. She was around one hundred yards or so away but stayed put whilst I rattled off a few shots. It wasn't until later in the day whilst reviewing the images at home that I noticed a new born fawn by her side which can be clearly seen in the images below. This was a very nice surprise indeed and I look forward to hopefully seeing them both again very soon.I continued with my tour of the quiet backroads and again had nice views of curlews and lapwings in the upland fields.The ever present brown hares were again out in force and I obtained more shots of these delightful animals as they enjoyed the peace and quiet of this lovely part of Lancashire.Images from my morning's efforts are shown below and I hope you enjoy them. Thanks very much for looking in and enjoy the weekend when hopefully we may have some better weather.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful story and wonderful images as per Brian.It certainly was a nice surprise to capture an image with the newborn fawn and well worth getting up early for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful moment to catch there Brian and I love the hare pair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More excellent images here Brian, in particular I like the Hare between the grasses, all nice rewards for your early start and efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bonus with the fawn,lets hope you capture even more images of the pair!

    ReplyDelete