Saturday 7 February 2009

An Early Birthday Present







The day before my birthday I had another visit to the local Barn Owls. I found them actively hunting early afternoon.This was an ideal opportunity to obtain yet more images of these magnificent birds.I was joined by Ian Latham an enthusiastic local photographer and we enjoyed a wonderful couple of hours or so of action from the barn owls.They came quite close at times and I was able to obtain some excellent close up shots as they performed for the camera.
Despite the very cold weather it had been an excellent session and we both felt very priviledged to have been in the right place at the right time. Shown above are some of the images and Ian Latham in action. An afternoon to remember and a wonderful birthday present come a day early!!

No comments:

Post a Comment