Friday 12 June 2020

Bowland..Owls..Short Eared Owl.

Following on from my last post I am now concentrating on the Short Eared Owl.It had been a long time since I had seen a short eared owl so it was a nice surprise to discover that a pair were nesting on the moorland I have been visiting recently in Bowland.The nest would be well hidden in dense heather somewhere out in the middle of the moor.I saw one of the birds,probably the male returning a couple of times with voles it had caught.

As with the barn owls I didn't have any close encounters but again I was reasonably pleased with the results that you can see below.As with the barn owls I will be returning when the weather settles down again to try for some better images.Meantime hope you enjoy these and thanks for looking in.So stay safe and keep well.

















1 comment: