Wednesday 15 January 2020

New Year 2020..Highlights

Belatedly some highlights from my trips out over the New Year period.The weather was a bit up and down but there were a few drier and brighter days when I could get out with the camera.It was good to get out and return to normality after the festive season.I spent a bit of time with the barn owls which have kept me busy recently and obtained some nice images, one of which heads this post.I travelled the usual back roads and lanes in the Cockerham and Pilling areas to see what was about.

Swans and geese were showing well and a number of Bewick's Swans were on view down Moss Lane in with the numerous Whooper swans.Eagland Hill was popular with birdwatchers who had come from far and wide to see the purple heron which was enjoying the area close to Jenkinson's potato farm and it's numerous field voles.One of my images below shows the heron with one of many voles it has caught.It is still around as I write enjoying the abundance of food.

Curlews,a grey heron,a common buzzard,kestrel and a robin posed for the camera in the Cockerham area.The post finishes with a couple more of the barn owls which have given me much pleasure over the last month or so.I now look forward to more days out as the days lengthen and it warms up as Spring is hopefully on it's way. Thanks for looking in and I will be back soon with more delights from Lancs.

















No comments:

Post a Comment