Monday 19 August 2019

Longridge Fell...Roe Deer

Recently I have had two evening drives to the Longridge Fell area.After mixed weather during the day the evenings were better with warm sunshine,ideal conditions for looking for owls and deer. The owls didn't show but I enjoyed two super sessions with roe deer.The first encounter was special as the female brought along her two youngsters to feed on the rough grasses on the hillside.They were a few hundred yards away but I was able to obtain some nice images from the roadside.The deer knew I was watching but were not disturbed by the car.Apparently roe deer usually have twins and these two delightful young deer would probably have been born in May and were learning the ropes from mum.

My second outing was on the " glorious twelfth '" of August well known in shooting circles as the start of the grouse shooting season.It was indeed a glorious evening and I was lucky to spot a male and female roe deer feeding in and amongst the blossoming heather.It was a wonderful experience and a careful and quiet approach allowed me to take lots of images hidden behind a roadside wall.For me it was definitely the glorious twelfth and will live long in the memory.Thanks for looking in and I will return soon with more from my travels.



































No comments:

Post a Comment