Friday 5 July 2019

Bowland...Brown Hares and Curlews

Recently I have been enjoying the excellent weather.It has been settled with very warm and sunny days.I find that for photography when the weather is very hot it is best to get out and about in the early morning .It is nice and cool,traffic free and the wildlife responds by being very active.So I made a couple of early morning starts leaving around sunrise and driving round Bowland's quiet lanes and backroads to observe the wildlife.

The farmers had been very busy cutting and baling silage for winter feed and consequently the brown hares in particular had nowhere to hide and I was able to obtain some nice close up images.Also curlews were more obvious but still the numbers seemed to be down on previous seasons but again i got some nice images of these now very scarce waders.Also shown below a mistle thrush returning with food for it's hungry family and a splendid looking oystercatcher which had a youngster nearby.

As usual I have shown some images of Bowland's wonderful scenery and images of the many foxgloves seen along the way which really brighten up the scene.Hope you enjoy the images below and thanks for looking in and I will be back soon with more of the local wildlife.

























4 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots again! Love the Curlew, I think I've only ever seen one once before years ago. We have juvenile Mistle Thrushes in the field at the back of us, first time for me seeing them so I was delighted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most important tutorial for the photographer. It'll help us a lot.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful nature. Good for Nature lover like me.
    See me at:- Las Vegas Tour

    ReplyDelete