Tuesday 6 February 2018

Glasson Dock...Goldeneye

Three years ago about this time there were a good number of goldeneye duck on the marina at Glasson Dock.I think there were around fifty birds present and I remember having a good day with the camera.A few goldeneye had been reported recently so last week I went for a look.

Sure enough there were around a dozen or so goldeneye consisting mostly of males but a couple of females were also present.From time to tim e they would all make their way to the entrance to the Lancaster canal end of the marina and were busy diving for food which seems abundant in the vicinity of the retaining walls of the yacht basin.I visited on a couple of afternoons and enjoyed a couple of sessions with the camera.

On my first visit it was calm and the males were displaying to the females present and throwing their heads back making for interesting images.On the next visit it was very cold and windy and the goldeneye were surfing the waves and again provided some nice images.The drakes in particular are handsome birds with bottle green heads and striking black and white plumage.This first post was on the calm day and next time I will post images from the my second visit and also show images of a male goosander present on the canal. Thanks for looking in and despite today's snow I hope Spring is not too far away.









5 comments:

  1. Used to fish glassine dock, years ago Brian.
    Nice images of the Goldeneye,like the males with their heads back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb website you have here but I was wanting to know if you knew of any forums that cover the same topics discussed here? I'd really like to be a part of group where I can get opinions from other knowledgeable people that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. but I was wanting to know if you knew of any forums that cover the same topics discussed here? I'd really like to be a part of group where I can get opinions from other knowledgeable people that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Many thanks!ทางเข้า D2BET

    ReplyDelete
  4. The next time I read a weblog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I imply, I know it was my choice to learn, but I actually thought youd have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you possibly can fix in the event you werent too busy on the lookout for attention. travel journalism internships

    ReplyDelete

  5. All the article are really fantastic. You have included very good thought into your Blog.

    Buy Residentail Plot in Delhi NCR as per your location

    ReplyDelete