Wednesday 17 January 2018

New Year...Barn Owl

It had been a long time since I had seen a barn owl so it was a nice surprise to find a hunting barn owl during my recent travels.I was travelling the back roads and quiet lanes in the Pilling and Cockerham area.The barn owl was very active and it was a challenge to follow and anticipate where it might perch in between flights.

I was quite pleased with my efforts the best of which are shown below.The weather recently has been awful with very dull conditions and very cold as well.I was lucky with the lighting on the day below and the barn owl was also taking advantage of the dry and bright conditions.I will definitely be back to see the owl again but meantime am confined to barracks as it has once again turned very wintry.Thanks for looking in and lets hope for a happy and healthy New Year.











9 comments:

  1. Excellent set here Brian.

    You mention Pilling and Cockerham, but I'll stick with Cockerham, and you have to wonder how many birds might be involved and showing in this area at the moment. I know of six seperate sightings since the Christmas period, which aren't necessarily all the same bird.

    Kind Regards, Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post Brian..Barn Owls..brilliant subjects and always refreshing to come across in the daylight hrs, my local ones have disappeared i,m afraid..keep well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate the effort you have given to this post. I am looking forward for your next post. I found this informative and interesting blog. I just hope you could make another post related to this. This is definitely worth reading.
    Hire Photographer in lucknow
    photographer in Lucknow

    Hire Photographer in Allahabad
    Best photographer in Allahabad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Entirely wonderful images. Lovely that you get to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great set of images, of a great species ... I'm impressed. It's been a long time since I have seen Barn Owls in wild habitat. I'm from Ontario Canada, and although they do exist here, they are ultra rare. BTW I came across your blog by accident while following a link from my personal birding blog. Feel free to check it out at http://grenfell.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. but I'll stick with Cockerham, and you have to wonder how many birds might be involved and showing in this area at the moment. I know of six seperate sightings since the Christmas period, which aren't necessarily all the same bird.ทางเข้า D2BET

    ReplyDelete
  7. which is really a immature share of the issues many people unrecorded with sect now, but but making improved lives for group that is direction on feat them much , getting them punter aid and making certain their kids get enlightened.wildlife & travel photography training program

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made this kind of fascinating piece to peruse, giving each subject illumination for all of us to get learning. A debt of gratitude is to ensure that imparting the such data to us to peruse thistravel journalism internships

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's also a profession that requires a person to work in a variety of different settings, which can make the photography job itself very interesting. To get more detailed info on Social Media Marketing Video in Burlington and Hamilton, visit on hyperlinked site.

    ReplyDelete