Saturday 5 December 2015

Now It's Desmond !!

It has been another terrible week weatherwise with another succession of storms battering the North West of England.The latest one has been named "Desmond"as is now the Met Office practice if the weather systems are likely to cause damage or flooding.It seems to have rained all week except for a brief respite yesterday.I have therefore been very frustrated again not being able to get out and about with the camera.










I have therefore decided to publish some images taken a few years ago which I don't think I have published previously.My intention recently has been to catch up with short eared owls and barn owls which are still present at some of our nature reserves but that has been postponed due to the severe weather.Hope you enjoy this week's selection and I can only hope that the current weather goes away and we return to some typical winter conditions with cold and clear conditions.It will be so nice to see the sun again.Thanks for looking in and hopefully I will be back on track soon.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Brian! The photos are fabulous! Why did you hide them? I like owls and, hopefully, I'll be visiting the Canadian zoo soon, so I think I'll enjoy them there. Have you noticed that they do look different when they are free? The photos when they are kept in zoos are really sad..
    Regards, Jane
    Jane's last visit of http://writers-house.com/ - Monday, 7 December

    ReplyDelete