Thursday 29 October 2015

The Whoopers Are Back










This week I again visited Martin Mere.I found more whooper swans had arrived from Iceland and I think there are now around one hundred birds present. They are magnificent birds to watch and photograph and I got some nice images as they came into land in front of the Hale hide.A load of potatoes had been put down close to the hide and the swans and greylag geese were tucking in.I then moved on to the Ron Barker hide where there was plenty of coming and going from the hundreds of pinkfoots present.The kingfisher showed close to the hide and I managed one or two shots in the warm afternoon sun.The cloud moved in late afternoon and I decided on a move to the Harrier hide where I understood there was a large flock of starlings coming in to roost in the reedbeds. Around 4.30pm the birds began to gather and I got some more decent shots.This murmuration will be the subject of a future post. Hope you enjoy the images above of the swans and stay tuned for more from my travels.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures, esp the 1st and last in-flght shots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see them back, I am hoping to get up there on Monday

    ReplyDelete