Wednesday 13 February 2013

Dancing and Romancing

This week I have paid a couple of visits to local nature reserves where great crested grebes are present.It is Valentine's Day tomorrow but the grebes have started their displays and courting early.Despite yet more gloomy conditions I did manage some nice images of the head shaking displays. Best of all however was capturing the weed dance,this began hidden by vegetation but eventually the grebes danced their way out into the open and I rattled off a few shots.I was pleased with the results and my best efforts from the week are shown below. Hope you enjoy the images and thanks for looking in.I will of course return for more encounters with these super birds

6 comments:

  1. Lovely shots, one of those moments we all should see at some point in our birding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb images Brian, this is something I've yet to see, going to really have to make the effort..... was this Meresands?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive stuff Brian.I know you`ll be well pleased with these shots.Looking forward to seeing more from your repertoire!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning compilation, Brian. Made me say "Aww!"out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful images of these photogenic birds in beautiful light Brian,I tried to post a comment a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful images, I must make a visit! (And blogger van throw a wobbler all too often)
    see ya soon

    ReplyDelete