Saturday 10 March 2012

Marshside Reflections








I am not quite ready to post the owl shots as promised in my last blog. A lot of images to choose from and a little work required before they are ready for blogging. In the meantime a few images from a recent visit to Marshside RSPB when the calm conditions and the presence of hundreds of wildfowl provided some nice photographic opportunities.

Mike and I were on our way further south to look for owls but spent time in Nel's hide watching the comings and goings of the many hundreds of wildfowl. The calm conditions and closeness of some of the birds gave me some nice opportunities for reflection shots. I was reasonably pleased with the results and have posted some of the results above.

Mike and I later went looking for barn owls but instead we found a number of short eared owls hunting an area where they have now been present for many weeks.I don't think they will be around for very much longer so I took full advantage of this opportunity.I am still processing the images but will post some very soon. Thanks again for looking in and have a nice weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Got here first this time Brian,great set of images,just love the last one.Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely series of photos! Great variety of ducks, I especially like the two drake Shovelers! Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Brian! Fantastic reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ducks and I love their reflections!

    ReplyDelete