Saturday 10 October 2020

Whooper Swans and Egrets













 Now I am able to blog again I am bringing the blog up to date with some recent sightings.A trip to Lunesdale saw a small group of recently arrived whooper swans resting in the fields adjoining the confluence of the rivers Lune and Wenning at Hornby.My first sighting of whoopers this Autumn.

I hadn't been to Leighton Moss RSPB for many months so one pleasant afternoon recently found me in the Morecambe Hide.It was very good for egrets,Great and Little.Apart from redshanks it was quiet for waders but three greenshanks flew in as I was leaving.It was quiet for birders also with coronavirus restrictions keeping many away.It was very enjoyable photographing the egrets however.The little egrets were very active but the two great egrets present were dozing whilst I was there.Hope you enjoy my efforts below and I will be back soon now I seem to have sorted out my problems.Stay safe and well and thanks for looking in.



3 comments: