Tuesday 24 December 2019

Christmas Mix...Owls,Geese and a Kestrel.

I have managed to get out with the camera recently on the few fine days in between what has been another very wet period.I went to the barn owl location where the barn owls were out early hunting field voles.On the way I had very nice views of a male kestrel posing on a roadside hedge.Also I paid a visit to an area frequented by pinkfooted geese and managed some images before they were disturbed by a dog walker.Later large numbers of geese were seen high up lit up by the afternoon sun.

I then concentrated on the pair of barn owls that were actively hunting and returning at regular intervals with field voles they had caught.They probably have young in the nearby farm buildings.I hope you enjoy the images below .Also shown a close up of a redwing at the top of a tree enjoying the afternoon sun.A great spotted woodpecker is also a regular visitor to the area.The close up of the perched barn owl was taken in very bright and strong late p.m sunshine and does seem a little overexposed but that is how it was!! Hope you all enjoy the Christmas festivities and I hope to get out again soon with the camera.Thanks for looking in.



















No comments:

Post a Comment