Wednesday 24 October 2018

Yorkshire...Deer and Kites

I recently visited Yorkshire for my annual visit to Studley Royal Deer Park.It was dry and cool with no sun but ideal for photography.I found the deer herds in the usual part of the parkland and they were in groups of reds,sitkas and fallows.I spent a couple of hours or so stalking and photographing the groups of deer.The reds were mostly inactive chewing the cud and were very approachable with care.The sitkas were on the move and can be seen in the fifth image below.I always think they are an odd looking deer a cross between reds and fallows with reds antlers and fallows spotted coats.The fallows were best and suddenly appeared scampering into view.There were a good number on view and they gave me some very nice images.

My second visit to Yorkshire was to the village of Harewood to the north of Leeds were it is possible to see red kites which were introduced to the area a number of years ago and they are thriving with good numbers now present.The well known spot visited by photpgraphers is at the rear of the Muddy Boots Cafe in the village.I could see kites in the air as I approached the cafe.It was warm and lunch was taken at the picnic tables to the rear of the cafe and the kites would periodically drift over the area and gave some very good photographic opportunities.It had been two excellent days in Yorkshire and I was pleased with the results.Hope you also enjoy the images below and thanks for looking in.It looks like a cold weekend is on the cards with a blast of Arctic air on it's way so wrap up well and enjoy the weekend.




















4 comments:

  1. It is a very good article. Thank you so much for share your very informative article. I find a very good article for the Clipping Path Service , If you want you can visit this site. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey amazing shoot....I like your wildlife photography. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

  3. I am glad to find amazing information from the blog. Thanks for sharing the information. for more useful Information visit:
    jhalana panther safari
    wildlife safari in Jaipur
    panther safari Jaipur

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome and beneficial resources, thanks you so much for this type of good quality article,
    See here my website

    ReplyDelete