Thursday 25 July 2013

More Puffins













As promised I am posting some more of the many images I obtained on my visit last month to the beautiful Island of Skomer.It was an adventure traveling to this remote part of Wales to photograph what must be one of Britain's most photogenic birds.They are most obliging in posing for the camera and were at times too close.I found them most difficult to photograph in flight and I will have to return next summer to sharpen up my reactions to these very fast flying birds.
I was however pleased with the many images of the puffins with beaks full of sandeels returning to feed their youngsters. It was a wonderful experience to observe and photograph these super little birds at such close quarters and I can't wait to renew my acquaintance with them again next year. I hope you enjoy more images from Skomer and thanks for looking in.

5 comments:

  1. Excellent images, Brian and thank you for showing the 'set-up' too. Gives a real sense of the Skomer experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Christian has said, not only nice to see the birds but just how close you are to them, brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning images. You got soooo close to them! I would love to get views like that of birds like these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skomer is fabulous - did you see any short eared owls while you were there? We were hoping to go again before the end of the season but think we may have missed the boat now!

    ReplyDelete