Saturday 31 August 2019

Red and Purple

Red and Purple,two lovely strong colours.This was what I was looking for on a recent trip to North Yorkshire.It was early August and the heather had blossomed into that lovely purple colour which colours the high moorlands at this time of the year.It is also the beginning of the red grouse shooting season.I was off to the moors to shoot grouse armed only with a camera and definitely not a gun.

It was a lovely sunny and warm late Summer day although up on the tops it was cooler with a strong breeze blowing.At first the grouse were difficult to find and were keeping their heads down.Eventually after driving around a bit I found a track which ironically led to a grouse shooters hut situated on a sheltered part of the moor.It was very pleasant with lovely views down to the village of Reeth in Swaledale down in the valley. I managed to get lots of nice images along this section of moorland and the results are shown below.

The weather has since become more Autumnal with more rain and strong winds and temperatures have thankfully dropped from the high record breaking figures of this Summer.I hope you enjoy my efforts and images from this beautiful part of Northern England.Thanks for looking in and I will be back soon with more from my travels.

















3 comments:

  1. What gorgeous images of a stunning bird Brian! I've never really looked at Grouse in close detail before, they're beautiful. Such a shame they get shot!
    Stunning landscape too. Hope you're enjoying the autumnal weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amanzing photos with the Grouse, love the colors, setting and details.

    Regards,
    Roos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to share this best information with us. Please visit here:Color Run

    ReplyDelete