Saturday 27 April 2019

Back in Action

It has been four months since I last published a blog.I have been out of action following further hip surgery.I am now bionic having had two new hips since July 2018!! I am making a good recovery and am now able to drive again.This has meant that at long last I have been able to get out and about with the camera to record Lancashire's wonderful wildlife.

I am not yet able to go far and so have made a few visits to the Longridge and Grimsargh areas which are just a few miles up the road.Shown below are some images from the area of a Great Crested Grebe,Willow Warbler and Chiffchaff,local bluebell woods, broods of mallard and greylag geese and a passage of whimbrel.Good numbers of whimbrel are now passing through on their way to northern breeding grounds.The whimbrel were coming into roost at Grimsargh Wetlands a new reserve being managed by the local Parish Council.















The final images show the sunset and moonset.It was very nice to get back to business again and I am looking forward to more days out at this lovely time of the year.

3 comments: